Psychoeducational Testing provides in-depth information about
the child's intellectual ability, levels of academic achievement, language skills,
attention span, memory, visual-motor integration, and emotional & behavioral functioning.
It can help identify problems your child could be facing in specific academic
areas such as math, reading, writing & oral expression and determine if there
is a discrepancy between the childs cognitive ability and the achievement
level at the time of the testing.
A comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation is necessary to diagnose Learning Disabilities or
an Attention Disorder and helps parents better understand their childs strengths
Reasons for Psychoeducational Testing
Psychoeducational testing helps discern the cause of unusual behavior patterns
and provide information to:
- Identify the underlying psychological cause related to a learning, emotional or
- Diagnose Learning Disabilities such as Dyslexia.
- Diagnose Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Develop a treatment/intervention plan.
- Help the child succeed academically and socially.
- Make recommendations for Special Education, IEP, 504 plans.
- Assess eligibility for special needs resources.
- Understand the child's strengths and weaknesses.
How does an Evaluation help?
A comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation is helpful in diagnosing ADHD, Dyslexia
and other specific learning disabilities.
It also helps determine the impact of Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity, Information
Processing Speed, Visual Motor Integration, Executive Functioning on academic performance
of your child.
An accurate diagnosis helps determine an effective treatment plan and identify services
the child needs in accordance with Special Education, IDEA, 504 Plan.
We also provide recommendations and consultation to develop IEP (Individualized
Education Program) and advocate the accommodations that should be made to help your
child flourish in academic environment.